We love old school glamour and the scarf is a timeless classic way to get the look. It adds a bit of extra flair so that your hair looks ‘put together’, not ‘thrown together’, even on those pesky bad hair days. Marc Anthony shares a ‘Boho Hipster’ way to incorporate a scarf into your spring and summer mane.
Simple is best sometimes. Nothing adds to espadrilles and a summer frock like a scarf tied and left hanging. Whether hair is straight or waved this double knot will keep your hair out of your eyes while keeping all eyes on you.
- If going straight, make it as sleek as possible. Try a hot tools spray like Style Straight Iron Shine Flat Iron Spray to protect your tresses as you iron them out. You’ll also get so much shine that the sun will need shades.
- If you prefer a more relaxed summer wave, use a texturizing spray like Dream Waves Beach Spray. Even if your hair is naturally straight it will amplify it into a fresh beachy texture, which works so well with this hipster look.
- Fold the scarf lengthwise over and over into a 2” – 3” STRIP.
- Gently pull hair up and secure it with a wide jaw clip to keep it out of the way while you tie the scarf.
- Tie the scarf ensuring the double knot is on the left or right allowing the ‘ribbons’ to hang over the shoulder.
- We suggest two bobby pins to secure the scarf – one on each side behind the ears – to help keep this look without worrying about your band sliding off.
‘That’s a wrap’ on Boho Hipster