Inspiration: Ashley Benson
Only prom, right? No big deal…only it is…but it can’t look like it is…but we all fret over it…ah school life!
When in doubt a relaxed sort of sexy works well for any formal occasion. The trick to this look is the simplicity of the style against the polished finish. This look will work no matter what you wear.
- Prep: A full smooth blowout is crucial to start this, so if your hair is curly use a smoothing shampoo and conditioner like bye.bye.Frizz Keratin Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. If your hair is fine try our Dream Waves Amplifying Shampoo and Conditioner. This is perfect for hair that needs to have a bit of a wave and volume added.
- Blowout: Use a medium round natural bristle brush and bye.bye.Frizz Blow Dry Cream for your blowout. After applying product, take smaller sections, wrap hair around the brush and repeatedly roll it up and down slowly to avoid tangling as you blow dry. This look is about smoothness with a polished wave, so keeping hair taut all the way through as you blow dry is important.
- Set: Once a section is dry gently ‘unwind’ the section so that the motion is retained. Immediately roll it back up with your fingers and clip each section up; this helps to set the curved shape that the brush creates.
- Tousle: Once hair is finish unclip it and, with a bit of Moisture Gloss Daily Drops on your fingertips, go over each section so that it is super shiny and frizz free. Then gently play with the sections, breaking them up with your fingertips and tugging gently.
- Perfect: If you feel there is not quite enough movement take a large size curling iron and go over the hair (using large sections) to pump up the wave slightly. Remember the key to this look is natural so don’t over work the wave.
A light spray with Salon Expert Hairspray and you will be the perfect “I look amazing but I don’t care” prom queen.